Friday, May 13, 2011

Pretty Lovely

I have been drooling over Allora Handmade for quite some time now- Miss Jessica makes the most amazing pretties :) Here's her link so you can see for yourself: http://allorahandmade.com/ . But I have been itching to try it out on some prints I have to match the 127 square dress :). I love how her flowers are shaped, but since I was doing my own thing, I wanted them to be different. So I cut strips, got out my handy dandy glue gun, and went to gluing! I like odd numbers, that's something strange about me :), so there had to be an odd number of flowers on my necklace! I wound up with 3 big and 4 smaller. The larger ones measure about 2" across and the smaller a little over 1" across. I chose the gray fabrics from the Sunkissed line by Moda, and I just LOVE how it turned out! I am super thrilled that I made it from scraps and it was only $3 for the chain and clasp. I went with a brushed nickel color for the chain, and I love the width of it. The clasp is cool because I can hook it at different lenghts- very versatile :). So my little project was a success, now to make more colors :) Woo-Hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment