Monday, August 22, 2011

Quite an Honor!!

I have found some of the most amaing friends online in the quilting world! It's really fun to think of meeting some of these amazing people in 2 short months- I can hardly stand it, I get so excited thinking about it :). Well, one of those sweet, dear friends gave me quite an honor last week, without even realizing she did :). It's Miss Kaelin, she blogs over at http://theplaidscottie.blogspot.com/. If you don't follow her yet, you *need* to! She is as sweet as honey and she lives in the South (my home!!)!! She has made me almost pee my pants from laughter on more than one occasion! For real! So, the honor...



I got an email from Kaelin asking me to test her new pattern- it's the Grab 'n' Go wristlet and Coin Purse (at the time is was just the wristlet). It's available in her Etsy store now and it's a definite pattern to make- so quick, easy, and stinkin' cute!! I have never "officially" sewn a zipper into anything before so I was nervous. I ran to Joann's to get a few notions I needed (mainly a zipper ;)) and got busy! Just like she said, it takes between 1-2 hours. And just look how amazing it turned out- especially for someone who has never sewn a zipper ;). hehe!

Look at how precious this is!! And the wrist strap is detachable so you can just use it as a clutch, if you like, too!! Brilliant, I tell ya! So I have to post my sunny fun pictures of this great pattern- and when she finalized the pattern, she added a coin purse- now I can hardly wait to make that too :). So darling! I appreciate her trust in my ability and am so glad I was able to help! This girl writes an incredible pattern and she's an incredible lady to top it off :) Thanks again, Miss Kaelin! You rock!!

No comments:

Post a Comment