Wednesday, August 10, 2011

It Fits! Whew!!

Just to warn you, most of this post has absolutely NOTHING to do with sewing :)...


Sorry I've been missing in action for a few days. We had one last fling/trip with family before the summer ends and we have to "get back to business"! I'm secretly hoping for another but just can't figure out how in the world to fit it in :) hehe! We had a blast, but my stomach was churning the entire time. I'll tell you why--- I forgot my retainer. I had so many things I had forgotten the last trip (and I'm not one who forgets things) that it frazzled me so much I was meticulous about remembering everything- EXCEPT my dear retainer (I have never forgotten it before).

That may not seem like a big deal, but let me give you a little background on my mouth. I had braces growing up for 10 years- yes, I said TEN- that takes all fingers and both thumbs to count! During this time I also had 2 major jaw surgeries on top of the braces! The first time was a smashing success, but I got a one in a million joint issue and four years later, everything slipped out of place, so back to surgery it was! Don't get me wrong- I am more than grateful that I could have everything done I did or I would not be able to chew or bite today, and my parents sacrificed more than I know to get my mouth perfect! I had a retainer I wore faithfully, of course, each night. But then came my family and I was constantly sick when pregnant, and the retainer made me more nauseous. Go figure. Once I remembered to put it back in, it didn't fit. Three years ago, I found another amazing orthodontist and had braces for yet another year. That makes 11 years- still counting?? Once done, I wore that retainer no matter what.

Fast forward to our last fling of the summer- and I FORGOT my retainer- my priceless retainer. I was mortified that I would return home and it would not fit. My teeth even hurt more and more each day just thinking about not having it! It was sheer torture! After a few days and many prayers, I got home, and it went in my mouth just fine!! WHEW!! And a big thank you so that I didn't have to have braces yet again!! It may seem silly, but to me, it was a HUGE thing! You can imagine that I will never forget my retainer again :)


For the sewing side of things, I have hardly been able to have a chance to even walk in my "half room". But I did find a new **PINK** iron for my ironing- yipee!! It was one that didn't break the bank and had great reviews on boards I searched online. And did I mention it's PINK??!!!! So stinkin' cute, it is :)! I must get to sewing and ironing soon before my head blows up. hehe! Maybe tomorrow will hold a moment of sewing- keeping my fingers crossed, well, not while I sew, of course :)

No comments:

Post a Comment