Monday, August 1, 2011

Bottled Rainbows Finished- Finally! :)

I have had this almost done for so long now- just waiting on me to hand sew the front of the binding... I had gotten about 2/3 of the way around and last night, gave up. I stuck it under the machine and went to town. And you know what, I LOVE that it turned out great- and so much faster :)!! Yipee Skipee! I put the ash as the bobbin and the white as the top thread and sewed from the back- since that was the hand sewing side :). The sewing line actually was hidden by the concentric square quilting, so all is very happy here!



I stuck it in the wash and love the crinkles!! I used Ann Kelle Remix in bright as the backing and Alexander Henry as the binding- I particularly love how the binding has "crayon" lines in it too :). If you remember this quilt has an image in every block that has a specific meaning to my sweet family. You can look for a heart, a shoe, a sewing machine, a purse, a flower, a cupcake, a bike, a rainbow, mountains, a hammer, a car, a sunshine, a book, a ball, a music note (an eighth note to be exact), and a board game! So there you have it- another quilt done!!! WOOHOO!

2 comments:

  1. Darling quilt, & love the binding you chose! Great quilting too!

    ReplyDelete