Tuesday, August 16, 2011

My new "can" :)

I have been looking for the perfect marker holder for my sewing room- I LOVE Sharpie markers (I make my quilt tags/labels with them) and the huge colorful pack at Costco jumped out into my cart months ago. I just had to have them at hands reach, but wanted something cute for them to stand in :). I seach the thrift stores each time I go in, but I was getting flustered that I could not find the "perfect" thing. I found the yellow container there, but it was perfect for my rotary cutters! So, as I was looking through the blogs I follow last week, Miss Lori's tute about covering jars with fabric over at http://beeinmybonnetco.blogspot.com/ popped out at me. I knew I found my answer.
Say goodbye to a can of yams, and voila! The perfect pen jar!! I sewed some lovely scraps together that made me smile and sprayed on some glue. It dried in no time flat, and there sit my rainbow of Sharpies :). They make me smile each time I walk in!

No comments:

Post a Comment