Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A Farmer's Wife...

I dream of living in the country, having pigs and chickens (well, maybe not pigs- turkeys would work), enjoying the tress and fresh air, and gazing at a ga-zillion stars at night :). My hubby is not too fond of the idea- he likes suburbia :). At least we live in a "smaller" town, but still not the "country" by any stretch of the imagination. There is a Walmart less than a mile away, for Pete's sake :)! I regularly threaten my kiddos that we are moving to a farm to teach them what it's like to really work and have jobs- today's easy lifestyle is just not the best way to teach the value of work. The farm is where I am when I am gazing off in the distance. Ah, to dream...
When the Farmer's Wife Quilt Along began, I thought there was no way I could ever make such wonderful and intricate blocks. But as time has passed, I have convinced myself that where there is a will, there is a way. I just gotta make this quilt- something inside of me is calling to it, to the stories, to the life. Don't get me wrong, I have to have my running water, but the simpleness of it all takes me away! So I began assembling quarter yards to fit my project. The book came, and I have started diagraming blocks that I can do with math, that will be paper pieced, etc. Most of the prints I got at 3 LQS that I heart. The last fourth I got from the sweet Natasha at SkyeReve Fabrics (yesterday's post was about her shop).

I had dreamed of getting Annie's Farm Stand from FQS for this quilt, but couldn't fork out the $250 for the 4 FQ bundles I wanted. And they don't have the option of getting quarter yard cuts. Miss Natasha and my LQS do though :). Ta-da! I'm in business :)!! So I stuck with the same colors as the Annie's Farm stand and picked out my favorites- LOTS of Japenese and Lecein!! I am just in love with the colors and softness of print. It has been so fun to prepare these piles- even a few from my stash. So here it is, all ready to go and be cut into for the gorgeous FWQAL. I have a picture in my mind as to how it will turn out; we'll see how close I am...

Now if only I could just decide which block to start with- :)

No comments:

Post a Comment