Saturday, September 15, 2012

DAY 2...

Today was a bit crazier...
I was very collected about going to get paint today when my hubby threw me a curve ball!  He polished a small section of the camper.  WOW, did it shine!  We love the look and after much deliberation, decided to try to have the part that was going to be white, be polished aluminum!  You can see the shiny little section right under the top brown stripe on the left side of the photo.  I had already taped the bottom stripe/wave off.  So we changed gears and I went to purchase a whole bunch of Mother's polishing goop.
We all got busy after everyone was home, using some SERIOUS elbow grease!  I may not have use of my arm tomorrow- but wait, it gets better!  We got the bottom part of three sides done and moved to the last side.  Wouldn't ya know it, but the oxidation was too much, no matter how much was rubbed and polished, we couldn't get it as shiny as the other sides.  I had had it- we made an executive decision- this is "my" project (hehe), right- and I got back in the car to go purchase the white paint.  After trying a couple of places for colors, and having to repeat myself twenty million times that I did NOT want automotive or industrial paint, I think I finally found the option I want.  Sooo, I headed back home with the Rustoleum glossy white and got down to business painting :).  Deep into the dark again...
one coat down, and we'll see what tomorrow brings...

2 comments:

  1. oh my you are one determined girl! can't wait to see more...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete