Monday, October 17, 2011

Sewing Summit Part 2

Two posts are just not enough, I may need more :) hehe!! I wanted to start with some DEAR friends I made! I didn't get a picture myself, so I had to swipe it from Kaelin. It's amazing how there are just some people that you feel like you've known them forever. This happened quite a few times this weekend! Such amazing ladies :)

This is one of those sewing heroes of mine that I couldn't believe I actually got to meet! It's Miss Jeni from http://www.incolororder.blogspot.com! Wow- I had to pinch myself :). I got to go to her class too- The Art of Choosing Color! It was a great class and she was like Santa Claus to me- let me tell you why... I keep a Christmas Wish List of everyone in my house. I always stick a very few things on for myself just in case hubby *needs* ideas. :) The top thing on my list for this year is a Kona Color Card. It has been on my list since the beginning of the year. I just couldn't swallow getting one- too many other things we needed more :). Well, at the end of Jeni's class, she thanked us all for coming and she also thanked Robert Kaufman. We were all a bit confused and then she said that without them, we wouldn't have so many amazing colors to take home. Before she got to the end of the sentence, I had figured it out. I even whispered to myself, "If she gives us a Kona Color Card, I think I'll freak!" And ya know what?? She pulled out a handful of Kona Color Cards from a huge box and started passing them out. I almost passed out!! I had to get a picture with her and tell her she was my Santa! She's so sweet! Thank you again, Jeni!!!
This is one of my top 3 all-time mini quilts, and I got to see it in REAL LIFE! Swoon :) Wow- and what's even better is that I got to take a class from the lady who made it :)

This is Miss Amanda (http://www.msmcporkchop.blogspot.com)! She is incredible and not to mention, just an incredibly happy and positive person! You can't help but smile around her! She taught the class on Marvelous Minis. I have never made a mini- besides a mug rug and my name tag- well, I guess I've made 2- so I was really excited for her thoughts also. It was a great class. I love making full quilts, but there is only so much space to display and showcase them. I really like the mini idea for some of the crazy designs I would like to try but don't have a million years to invest for making a queen size (which is what my quilts normally are :)). She is also one of the two driving forces behind the hit Farmer's Wife! At this point, my Farmer's Wife will have to be a mini :)- hehe- no, I am doing it all, it may take me a L.O.N.G time, but I will work it into everything else :). It was so amazing to be in her class too! Wow!

There were so many moments that seemed unreal for me! So many friends I met and became "real" friends with, and som many wonderful ladies that inspired me and taught me just by what they said! It was an amazing three days- I will definitely be there next year! So much to try and do-- I can hardly wait :)!!






No comments:

Post a Comment