Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Pattern Testing

I love me some paper piecing!!  When I actually find some time- if you find any, let me know and I'll gladly pay you for it ;)- I want to design my own patterns!  Well, one of my friends designs her own patterns, and she is awesome!  She asked me to test one for her before we left on our hu-gun-gous camping trip.  She's Diane from Blank Pages and she has quite a few patterns available.  
The new pattern I tested was a Wonky log cabin block- a nice wonky feeling, but exactly perfect each time :).  Instead of rotating the block in each coordinate, I switched around some colors to give it a more symmetrical feel.  The blocks are large- 8" square each, so this set of 4 is 16" square- it will be perfect for a pillow on my bed ;).  
Here's how it turned out...
 (a shot of each corner- or block)



 and then all purtty in the sunshine :)
Fun, fun!  Thanks for letting me try out the new pattern, Diane.  It's a great one, and a very fast make!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for testing it for me! I absolutely love it! :) you definitely should design your own patterns. I think you would be great at it! :) let me know and I can test them for you. ;)

    ReplyDelete