Sunday, January 6, 2013

DQS13 Progress...

After weeks of craziness, my original idea has been tediously drawn to scale.  I have been pretty nervous about seeing if I could get this to truly work "on paper", and I think I can!!  I think I can, I think I can... :)  Here it is all drawn out- it'll be 18" square once done.  It is so cool to come up with an idea in your brain, and follow it through- It'll be great to see it done!
 Then I started pulling colors, based on my partners likes, which were easy, considering they are the same as mine ;).  I decided to go with solids- all solids, because I like the look it gives.  I will gradient the colors from the center out, starting with a rich jewel tone in the center and end at the edges with a very pale pastel of each tone.  I am excited!  Here's what I have...
This week, I get to figure out how to piece it ;) hehe!!  So looking forward to seeing it come together more :)!!  Wish me luck-

No comments:

Post a Comment