Thursday, May 31, 2012

Teachers are Sunshine, Part 1

I have been busy crazy getting two quilts done for teachers around here.  This is the first one I got finished!  The sweet Amanda of Quilted Fish designs the perfect cheerful fabric!  The colors fit the teacher to a tee-  we gave it to her this morning and she went crazy!  

It was her first year teaching so I wanted it to be a good memory for her.  Little did I know that her grandma is teaching her to quilt and blankets are her favorite thing in the world!  I was soooooo thrilled!  

I cut the fat quarters into thin and fat strips and went crazy sewing them into a fun pattern.  I wanted it all mixed up and colorful and was very happy with how it turned out.  
I added a wide piece of ric rac, because I love ric rac :).  The bad had a few pieced pieces and then we wrote a note on one section of solid yellow.  

The rest of the back was finished off with a perfectly matching vintage sheet I found!  It turned out well and I quilted it with loops! My favorite, of course :) 

1 comment: